GENERAL PROGRAM INFORMATION
- How do you apply? Parents or legal guardians of a child under the age of 18, may fill out an online application to receive Christmas assistance. A separate application must be completed for each child you wish to receive gifts for. The application process runs from September 15th – October 31st. After the application is received, our staff will review each application, verify all documentation, and then will match each eligible child with an “adopter”. Apply to receive assistance HERE.
- THE 2020 APPLICATION PROCESS IS CLOSED.
- How does “adopting” work? Our adopters make this program possible! Adopters complete an online request to “adopt” a child, and then our team will match each adopter with a child/ children that they get to shop for. We send each adopter the child’s wish list, which includes a list of their favorite colors and things, sizes, age, grade, and hobbies. This process is 100% completely confidential! Our adopters will not know the parent or child’s name (or any identifying information) and the families who receive the gifts will not know the names of our adopters. Once our adopters receive the child’s wish list, they’ll purchase gifts for that child Christmas based on their wish list. Our goal is to have all children adopted by December 1st. Online adoptions forms will be available HERE November 1st.
- After the family applies, and the adopter receives the wish list, how do the children get the gifts? That’s the fun part! Adopters have until December 8th to shop for their adopted child’s Christmas gifts. Between December 9th and 10th, all gifts will be dropped off to SERVE by the adopters (details about dates, times and locations for gift drop off announced at a later date). SERVE will check all gifts in, and will distribute them to families on December 17th. This year, we will have a drive through system for gift pick up and distribution.
- Do families also get food? You bet!! It wouldn’t be Christmas without a ham or turkey and all the fixings, right? We provide all the groceries for each family to cook a full holiday meal including stuffing, potatoes, green bean casserole, and even fruits and desserts! One food basket per household will be provided.
- Is there any Christmas assistance for disabled adults or elderly adults? Absolutely!! Disabled adults (over the age of 18), and seniors over the age of 60 can apply to receive food, as well as a special Christmas stocking. These are gift bags that include a variety of small stocking stuffers such as socks, gift cards, books, word search puzzles, hygiene products, candles, etc.. These items will vary year to year. A separate application must be completed for each disabled adult/ senior that wishes to receive a gift bag. Apply HERE.